Prometric Examination for Nurses is the popular name for Saudi Council Examination. For those foreign-educated nurses seeking better employment status in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, taking this examination is a priority requirement. This exam assesses how competent a nurse is since working in a different country demands different nursing needs of the international clients. Prometric Examination for Nurse is actually similar to the nursing licensure examination in the Philippines. It is the Saudi Commission that mandates the existence and efficacy of this type of examination.
Prometric is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Educational Testing Service (ETS) and a trusted provider of technology-enabled testing and assessment solutions that operates test centers in more than 160 countries.
Prometric Exam for Nurses is a computer-based test (CBT) which is composed of 70 questions in multiple-choice format. Examinees are given two hours to finish the test.
Examinees can either take the exam for Nursing Technician or Nurse Specialist – each of them have different passing rate. The exam is comprised of the following parts:
For Nurse Technicians:
- Nursing Fundamentals – 28%
- Medical – 23%
- Surgical – 20%
- Pediatric – 16%
- Community – 13%
For Nurse Specialists:
- Assessment – 10%
- Nursing Problem – 6%
- Planning – 20%
- Implementation – 50%
- Evaluation – 14%
A passing rate of 45% should be acquired by nurse technicians and a passing rate of 50% for nurse specialists.
Unlike any other examinations, this computer-based exam will readily reveal the results in a form of Score Report immediately after the exam, indicating your score and whether you have passed or failed the exam.
Before proceeding to your registration, it is necessary to know the outflow of this exam – the exam’s fee. Registration may come in a form of online registration or through mail. Your type of registration determines the mode of payment that you will be applying.
Major credit card companies such as MasterCard, Visa and America Express would only be accepted for online registrants. Meanwhile, applicants through mail must also send the payment using the form provided as well as the payment is in a form of cheque.
Recent reports state that registrants in Saudi Arabia must pay an Examination Fee of $80.00. Those in Asia, however, are required to pay $90. Nurses coming from Africa, Europe, North America and the Middle East are required to pay $100.
While payment methods and requirements vary by test program, in all cases payment must be made in full before your test appointment. You can print your receipt yourself as part of the online scheduling and registration process, at the end of your payment transaction.
To apply for the Saudi Prometric Examination for Nurses, follow this step by step guide:
1. Go to the website: https://www.prometric.com
2. Find Test Takers and select the dropdown list box on Academic, Professional, Government & Corporate. In here, you will need to scroll down and click Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
3. A new window will appear that displays information about Saudi Commission for Health Specialties Testing and some related articles about the organization itself. Select Get Started Box and click Start.
4. Select the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (Non-elig), then choose your country of residence and click Next. The other options left apply only to those who reside in Saudi Arabia.
5. A new window will pop out. Select Schedule an Exam and click next.
6. Select “I Agree on the Policy Statement” and click Next.
7. A new window will pop out. Two options for nurses under Exam Selection can be viewed: Nurse Specialist and Nurse Technician. For Nurse Specialist, you must have more than three (3) years of experience to qualify while for Nurse Technician, you must have at least two (2) years of experience. Other recruitment agencies and Saudi Recruitment Office (SRO) usually instruct applicants to take the Nurse Technician Exam regardless of years of experience.
8. Select your desired Test Center. Type the location (for example Manila) and then click Search button. The Saudi Commission for Health Specialties has granted the accreditation to these exam centers in the Philippines:
Prometric Testing Center
Ateneo Professional Schools, 130 H. Dela Costa St., Salcedo Village, Makati City
Telephone No.: (632) 892-0383
Prometric Testing Center
Tread, Inc., Suite 308, Centro Maximo D., Jakosalem St., Cebu City
Telephone No.: 032-2535514
9. Click Schedule an Exam. In here, it is up to the applicant to select his or her preferred exam month, date and time.
10. You will be directed to a new window and you will need to type some additional information. Personal information such as name, address, birthday, e-mail address and a valid government identification card such as PRC ID will be required.
11. You will be directed to another window for the Payment process. In here, you will be required to type the necessary information under the Payment details. To proceed with the payment, you must have a credit card. You can borrow from a family or friend if you don’t have one. Major credit card companies such as America Express, MasterCard and Visa are usually accepted.
12. Complete the payment process by typing the Card Number and the Security Code. Type in the Owner’s name and the Expiration Date of the credit card. Review the details you type and then click next. The cost of the examination is usually 90 USD but this can still change. While payment methods and requirements vary by test program, in all cases payment must be made in full before your test appointment.
13. Click Complete Registration once your details are complete and accurate. Make sure to print the Appointment Summary or save it as PDF to print at a later time. Check your email if the Appointment Confirmation is already available and print this also. This will serve as a proof of payment and will be required once you take the examination.
Test Center Regulations
Just like with licensure exams, there are rules and regulations you need to know and follow. Here are some:
- Candidates are required to be professional, civil and respectful at all times while on the premises of the test center.
- All exams are continuously monitored by video and audio recording, physical walk-throughs, and through the observation window.
- The Test Center Administrator (TCA) is authorized to dismiss you from the test session for a violation of any of the Test Center Regulations, including exhibiting abusive behavior towards the TCAs or other candidates.
- If you are found to have violated any of the regulations during your exam, the TCA is required to notify Prometric and your test sponsor.
- Prometric, alone or in conjunction with your test sponsor, shall then take any further action necessary to sanction your conduct, up to and including invalidation of your test score and/or pursuit of civil or criminal charges.
For the full info about Prometric test center regulations, click here.
Cancelling and Rescheduling
Several test appointments can be cancelled and/or rescheduled. You can easily do this by clicking on the button on the Prometric.com homepage for what you’d like to do. Then, simply follow the step by step instructions. The fee to reschedule an exam and the amount of time to do so without penalty varies on the testing organization. Make sure to check the procedures specific to the organization for more information regarding rescheduling timeliness and penalties.
For many certification exams, test takers are allowed to take the test as many times as they wish, though some time there is a mandatory waiting period. However, based on the new system, test takers have only three attempts to pass the Licensing exam.
For many certification exams, test takers are permitted to test as many times as they wish, though some time there is a mandatory waiting period. However, based on the new system, the practitioner has only three attempts to pass the Licensing exam.
Were you able to register successfully with our guide? Tell us in the comments section! Keep in mind that your career will shape your future, good luck in the Prometric Exam!
Comments are closed.